During Life's Darkest Times, We Must Be Strong

By Evan Sanders


You have got to love the game.

Without that love, you are going to be pounding the pavement miserable step after sad step wishing you were doing something else. What's the point in that? That should literally be the 1st indicator that you should be doing something different - if you dread going in to do the work.

Step into this moment.

You know, the instant where you smile during the struggle, enjoy the discomfort, make fun of how tricky it is and challenge yourself more. Some can be methodical about their objectives and dreams but for me, I'm really acting like life is one big stage and there is a grand orchestra behind me playing all different types of tunes.

I am, for the first time, dancing through life right now. Some periods of time are slower, some much faster...but I am dancing nonetheless.

You will always remember the folks that were there to celebrate with you when you achieved your dream. Unfortunately, that's not always who you believed it was intended to be. But that is ok. They'll turn out differently in some ways - often for the better and occasionally for the worse. But that's life. That is how the cookie crumbles.

Each and every day I go a little bit more deeply into trying hard to be the type of person I would like to be and bring out the good traits in myself that were hidden for such a very long time. I am learning. There are seldom days when I don't travel deep into the rabbit hole and search for things concealed deep within. I am not sure if I could have it really any alternative way. Actually that journey has been going on for almost 5 years now and it's impossible to imagine that I can ever return to that man before the one I've turned I'm today. One thing I know for sure is that I haven't spent any time finding myself, but rather have spent pretty much all of my time creating myself. I suspect there's a real difference there.

It's making vs finding... because in all truth, I really didn't have anything to seek out and "find. " I had to drop everything I had learned to become and everything I believed I deserve to be so as to become the person I had always dreamed of - not the individual society or others told me I should be...but who I knew I might become deep down inside.

I screw up. Frequently I come off too robust or start pouring things out too early. But I don't run shocked anymore. I used to - I used to be scared of everything. Afraid of making mistakes...scared of myself...scared of losing...scared of abandonment...and I finally found methods to drop those one at a time because they turn your life quickly into nothing. They take everything out of you and there you are...just one massive ball of being shocked.

Our lives are a sequence of interpretations of what is and without a doubt going down in this moment. We bring with us stories and past events that shape what something means to us when it happens in the moment and that often dictates how we act. If we adapt and change that interpretation, we can change our entire world.

You've got to love the game.

This game of life. Without love...then what? What is the point if you can't love what you're doing?

One last thing - if you go hard in life and do everything deep rooted in love and keenness, it should be pretty hard to knock yourself when you cross the finish line, no matter the circumstances. Just keep that in the back of your head.

Mess up going 100%. Sure there willthere will be impressive wipeouts, but you will recover and be on your way again.




About the Author:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why You Need To Enroll In Real Estate School Houston TX Institutions

What Mostly Comprises A Trauma Healing Service

Is Turmeric Extract The New Superfood?